A Brief History of a Penny Slot Machine
Early slot games permitted wagers from as little as 1c or 1p. With the advancement of mechanics, punters were able to stake more coins per spin. Nevertheless, still, the slot games’ aim is to accommodate 1c or 1p coins.
With the economy’s growth, the popularity of gambling skyrocketed, and manufacturers soon began churning out quarter and nickel slot games. However, penny slots continued growing, just like the number of coins that punters could cash in per spin.
Furthermore, there was an increment in the number of paylines as a result of the advent of technology. To that end, with up to 100 non-adjustable paylines, for instance, this implied gamblers to bet 100 pence per spin. Finally, the evolution of free penny slot casino games that you can also play with real money is an indication that users will stumble upon a myriad of penny slots online.
First penny slots from PlayTech, WMS or NetEnt could not guarantee you avoid losing big sums of money. They could hardly provide having any big wins. The regular payouts were small, the winning combinations didn’t occur often, and even if you hit the jackpot, it wasn’t such a great amount of money with only £0.01 or $0.01 or €0.01 for a bet. Still, it was probably a fair share of entertainment that one could get with just a few pence.
What to Expect from Penny Slots?
What are the key features of penny slot machines? While each game is unique, you can expect to see the following common features in each penny slot game:
* Multiple lines and reels: The majority of penny slots out there will include at least 5 reels and 10 paylines. The number of paylines is quite dynamic. You can even find penny slot machines with 1,024 ways to win.
* Bonus rounds: All of the usual slot bonuses are available in these games too. The most common example is the free spins bonus. You win a certain number of spins for free, usually in exchange for landing three Scatter symbols anywhere on the reels.
* Mini-games: There are also mini-games such as pick me and gamble. In pick-me games, you get to reveal some closed symbols and collect rewards. In gamble games, you try to guess the color or suit of closed playing cards. It is possible to double or even quadruple your payout in this game.
* Special symbols: The most common special symbols are the Wild and Scatter. The Wild symbol can substitute others, and the Scatter symbol pays anywhere on the screen and starts the bonus round. Based on the game features, you can also see the bonus and/or jackpot symbols too.
Categories of Penny Slots
Some of the best penny slot machines to play contain 3 reels with only 1 pay line, whereas others may have up to 5 paylines and refer to classic slots. Nonetheless, penny slots typically contain nine to twenty-five paylines. While there are different kinds of penny slots for free and for real money, the main 2 types are:
* Progressive – Coupled with other fruit machines, these form a network. In turn, this leads to a progressive jackpot, whereby the small wagers that players make in these online penny slots collectively form a grand prize up for grabs.
* Non-progressive – These do not refer to other slots. Thus, they offer gamblers more winning opportunities, though the prize won’t be very big. Free online penny slots usually fall under this category.
Progressive Penny Slots
The term penny refers to the cost of spinning the reels, not a particular game type. In other words, as long as the cost per spin is low (as low as a penny), any kind of online slot is actually a penny slot machine. This includes progressive slot games too. There are casino slots out there that include a progressive jackpot prize which you can play with exceptionally low bet amounts. We highly recommend checking them out. You can spin the reels for a single penny and can still win millions. You should start with the following progressive penny slot machines: Burning Hot, 88 Fortunes, Alice in Wonderland, and 100 Cats.
Penny Slot Machines Vs. Other Slots
The obvious difference between the slots that require high stakes and the penny ones is that one penny, even one dollar means nothing compared to the maximum bet on risky, high volatility slots. Meanwhile, betting only the hundred part of a dollar is completely enough for spinning a big number of rounds on a low limit machine, thus prolonging the fun.
For example, when a bet is set at €/£/$10 per spin, this means that winning big is possible, but so is losing big, whereas playing penny slots and having the same amount to spend, you will stay much longer in the game if you bet just €/£/$0,01. More gaming sessions mean more chances to trigger a winning combination in penny slots Vegas-style games. The slot machine won’t pay a lot, but considering the bet amount, a decent payment is good enough.
A big number of modern penny slots in Vegas provide the option of betting €/£/$ 0,01 or more per line. But also, you can select the number of paylines. Thus your bet will be as high as you are comfortable with.
How to Win at Penny Slots
So, the questions of how to play penny slots free of charge and what tips to read to win must have been very difficult to answer these days. Other than theories like warming the coins in your hand or rubbing them, looking for “loose” slot machines and similar myths, there are no answers. But people always wanted to be sure of getting the winning in free online penny slot machines regardless of the wager.
The bigger number of pay lines and the introduction of wilds and scatters provide the possibility of more winning combinations. The free spins and bonus rounds also increase the chances to win.
Finally, the availability of free penny slots online ensures their transition to another level of gambling entertainment. Players are no longer stuck to filthy-looking machines in places with an unpleasant atmosphere. Yet initially, they had to download the special software or register at the online casino site. Now, regular and free penny slots require no downloading or registration. You can play any slot machine from the browser, and most of them are accessible through mobile devices, too.
Real tips to play penny slots
As you know, slot machines purely revolve around sheer luck. Therefore, no system will alter your chances of scoring some wins. Nevertheless, there are a few things (tips) that you can implement to lower your likelihood of incurring a loss when delighting in a penny slot. Here are some winning tips:
* Greater payouts – Pin down a slot machine which has a high RTP (96% and above). Some classic slots have payouts of as high as 98%.
* Activate all paylines – Playing a penny slot with all active paylines boosts your likelihood of winning. This will not cost you a lot as most penny slots have the highest wager of 0.6 cents.
* Knowledge is power – Before you play penny slot machines free of charge or with some cash at stake, it is vital to fully understand the paytable along with the features offered. In the paytables, you will see how much you can win at penny slots
* Avoid chasing losses – As you play free penny slots with some money on the line and realize that you’re incurring losses, then it is advisable to try another slot.
Effective Bankroll Management with Penny Slots Online
One of the easiest mistakes players make when partaking in penny slots online is not having a strict budget in place. While you’re playing for cents or pennies, the funds will quickly end up if the gameplay lasts for long.
Therefore, before playing penny slots, you should enforce a wagering plan. For example, you can decide not to exceed your wagering limit of $100 for the week. Doing so, you will refrain from spending more than you initially anticipated.
Even though penny slots require low bets on each spin, this does not imply that they are incapable of quickly depleting a punters’ bankroll. Given the fact that gamblers can get the reels spinning approximately 600 times every hour, they can easily rake up a minimum of $6 every hour. Nevertheless, given the low denomination of penny slots, players should bet more than a single penny/cent on each pay line. In turn, this brings the average spending greater than $250 per hour. Thus, punters should proceed with caution by setting betting limits, failure to which they may end up spending more cash in the long run than they originally expected.
Withdrawing Your Penny Slot Winnings
After winning a prize, you will prefer to withdraw it. You can complete this process by following the steps below:
1. Open your profile page and look for a link/tab that says withdraw or cashout.
2. Click on that link. First, you need to enter an amount. Specify how much you want to withdraw.
3. Next, you choose a withdrawal method. In general, credit cards, bank transfers, and e-wallets (i.e. Neteller, Skrill, etc.) should be your default choices. Pick a different payment method only if these are not available in your country.
4. Submit the info and start waiting. Your request will be reviewed first, and this can last 2-3 days. If you get approval, you can expect to collect your winnings in no more than 24 hours. Please note that if you have a wagering requirement in your account, you may not have a permission to make a withdrawal.
Best Free Penny Slots to Play
The renowned, pioneer companies offer free online penny slots to play both for free and for real money. Players easily recognize their games, as they are available in all kinds of themes, betting values, bonus features and options. At Slotozilla, you can play the games from these and other slots providers:
Williams Interactive (WMS)
WMS’s prominent casino games list is long, and the low limit ones are also found on it: The Wizard of Oz, Zeus and the Black Knight.
Zeus: This WMS slot contains 30 ways to win and comes with an RTP rate of 95.20%. Powered by the G+ slot engine, this game offers a chance to win 100 Free Spins.
Spartacus is another famous WMS slot, this time with 100 betlines. The RTP is 95.98%, and it is possible to win up to 4,000x total bet. You can win 20 Free Spins with a 20x multiplier.
This trusted and secure software company creates slots with top-notch graphics, and the penny ones are no different: the Jungle Boogie, Sultan’s Fortune, Rock’n’Roller.
Microgaming has ensured that no matter how big your budget is, you can find the slot that suits you the best: the Thousand Islands, Oriental Fortune, the Fat Lady Sings.
International Gaming Technology (IGT)
The all-time classic, Cleopatra, is even today widely played among gambling fans. Cleopatra, the legendary game, offers 5 reels, 20 paylines, medium volatility, and 95.7% RTP. The maximum win is 10,000 coins, and you can win up to 15 Free Spins. But so are all other machines provided by the well-known IGT: the Cats, the Wolf Run, the Grand Monarch.
Penny Slots Tips for Beginners
1. The RTP rates still matter. You should still check the RTP percentages of penny slots. The payout frequency depends on it. As a general rule, you should prefer penny slot games that offer an RTP rate of 95% and above.
2. Check the paytable. The paytable may be dynamic. This means the symbols snow the winnings depending on your bet value. In some penny slots, you may be asked to use the maximum bet amount in order to qualify for the highest payouts. As can be guessed, this is against the spirit of penny slots.
3. Play for free first. No matter which penny slot game you pick, try it for free first. This way, you can see what that game really offers and whether it suits you without spending real money.
4. Use bonuses. If you are playing for real, make sure to use a bonus. The right casino bonus can give you hundreds of free spins or a free cash bonus.
The Actual Cost of Playing Penny Slots
As we mentioned above, the cost of playing penny slots is quite low. As the name suggests, it usually does not exceed a single penny. The thing is, you can still spend too fast if you do not check the bet per line values. In general, the cost of betting on a single payline is a single penny – that’s why they are called penny slots. But if there are multiple lines, the overall cost may still be too high. For example, let’s say the game has 10 lines: The actual cost of each spin will be 10 cents. Still good, right? Now let’s say there are 243 paylines. The cost of each spin will become 243 cents: 2.43 USD. Make sure to check the total number of paylines and the total cost of each spin before you start to play penny slot machines.
How to Pick an Online Casino to Play Penny Slot Games?
There are many criteria to consider while choosing a casino that offers penny slots: supported payment options, a variety of games, bonuses, customer service, etc. However, we can say that the most important criteria are legality and security. Play only in online casinos that are licensed and protect their pages with SSL. Prioritize casinos that have a fairness certificate from independent auditors, such as eCOGRA and TST. We always recommend licensed & legal casinos to our visitors.
Penny Slots for Real Money
When you enter the Slotozilla games lobby, you will be given a choice between the free demo and an option to gamble for real money. There are lots of online casinos that offer penny slots, but only a couple of them are worth playing. Fortunately, you do not need to look for them. We already pick the best casinos for playing penny slots for you. For example:
Casino NameWelcome BonusCasumo100% bonus up to £25 and 20 Bonus SpinsCasino Cruise€/$1000 Bonus + 300 Free SpinsJackpot City100% match bonus up to $1600Betsson100% up to €200 + 200 free spinsMegalotto100% and up to €200, plus 25 free spinsNote that these bonuses are active at the moment of compiling this article. Always check bonus info before registering at the casino.
Keep in mind that, no matter which country you live in, you can play the site’s online casino machines at any time, without download or registration. You can practice the gameplay by playing the free demo version. When you are ready for the real money experience, know that Slotozilla’s team has prepared a list of safe and secure online casinos with the best free penny slot machines to play.
Benefits of Playing Penny Slot Games
Participating in penny slot machines has numerous advantages, some of which are discussed below:
1. Higher payouts – Those who are on the quest for the best chance to score some wins will find it with the plethora of penny slot machines on the web. As such, they can typically expect an RTP (payout rate) of 90-98%.
2. Amazing features – The beauty about these games is that they are packed with a multitude of remarkable features such as bonus rounds (free spins) and more, which are not available in the generic brick and mortar versions.
3. Instant access – Users can enjoy their favorite games directly from their web browsers with no download required, right from the comfort of their homes. Hence, this makes playing slots convenient and hassle-free.
4. Flexibility – Given the small wagers of 1p or 1c per line, penny slot games allow punters to enjoy the gameplay without having to deplete their bankroll. Hence, they accommodate both high-rollers and players with low budgets.
Can You Play Penny Slots on Mobile?
In this respect, general rules apply. If the game you choose to play is using HTML5 technology, you can play on any device you like without a download. Penny slots that use this technology run directly on the browsers, and therefore the operating system and/or device type is not important. However, some penny slots are quite old and are developed with Flash.
Constantly Updated Data
The free slot machines introduced on our website are provided by both well-known and new casino games providers, all of them classified by various themes, types and bonuses. Whether you want to play the classic, old-school, or modern 3D slots, a variety of options is available at Slotozilla. Here, you will find the latest slots, reviewed and explained in the special section below the game.
Slotozilla.com is constantly upgrading and keeping track of what is new so that it can provide a more fun gambling experience.
The Choice Is Yours
The best penny slots today are not restricted to anything- you can bet more if you wish or stay with lower bets. You just have an opportunity to choose what you’re most comfortable with.
Free slots don’t require any real money bets – just spin for fun! If you are looking for the best penny slot machines to play, you will find a great selection of them here at Slotozilla. Enjoy the variety of themes, bonus features, and of course, the unlimited free play!
Frequently Asked Questions about Penny Slots:
📌 What are penny slots?
These refer to web-based casino games that allow players to wager as little as 0.01 coins (1c or 1p). The stakes are also increased in intervals of 0.01
📌 Are penny slots accessible on mobile devices?
Yes! With the increasing usage of smartphones and tablets, punters can access free online penny slots directly on their web browsers or by downloading a mobile app. However, it is vital to bear in mind that a stable internet connection is required to gain access.
📌 What is the greatest amount of cash you can win when partaking in penny slots?
This is solely based on various factors such as the number of paylines, the game title, and available bonus features.
📌 What is the most foolproof strategy you can implement when playing penny slots?
Wagering the maximum number of paylines which elevates a player’s hit frequency. In doing so, you stand a chance of walking away with the given jackpot/ grand prize.
📌 How frequently do penny slots trigger payouts?
While there is no specific timeframe, punters can expect more frequent payouts in comparison to the classic three-reeled machines. To boost your winning chances, punters should ensure that they activate the highest number of paylines available.
📌 Are there free penny slots?
Yes! Slotozilla offers punters the option of delighting in free penny slot casino games. Thus, this means that punters can enjoy the gameplay without having to make a real money deposit. Hence, this helps them test out a game.
📌 Are penny slot games a great way of learning more about the slot machines with higher stakes?
Yes! These games are a remarkable way for players that are interested in slot machines get acquainted with the ground rules without needing to sacrifice a large portion of their bankroll. After all, they’re wagering with a few pence/cents at a go.
📌 Are land-based penny slot machines equally as good as their online counterparts?
No. The online versions are much better, and for the following reasons:
a) given that gaming sites do not incur overhead costs like land-based casinos, they can offer notably higher payout rates (RTP) to their players.
b) since online casinos are in constant rivalry to get a multitude of punters to sign up, they offer impressive bonuses for slot players.
📌 What is the comparison of penny slots with regular slots?
Those who have partaken in regular slots will have no qualms with transitioning to penny slot games. The reason for this is that the gameplay is the same with the only difference being that pennyslots have deliberately low wagers thereby accommodating all players (not just the high-rollers).
📌 What is the jackpot of penny slots?
Different penny slot machines offer players different-sized jackpots. For instance, progressive machines have notably higher jackpots than non-progressive ones.