How To Find Your Cell C Number
How to Find Your Cell C number – Here is How To Do It Step by StepIf you yet don’t know what is Cell C then Cell C Limited or fondly called Cell C is a South African mobile company. Cell C’s range of products and services is supported by its network which offers 2G, 3G and LTE services and covers 98% of South Africa’s population; the company has a roaming agreement in place with Vodacom to provide 2G and 3G services to customers in outlying areas. In 2015, Cell C announced an investment of approximately R8 billion to roll out LTE across the country. The company has already launched its LTE services in Gauteng, Kwa-Zulu Natal and the Western Cape and will continue its rollout across other metros.
Now if you own a Cell C number and don’t remember it then here is how to do it. People with sharp memories often memorize their numbers but for those who can’t do so and need their number in case of any emergency like when you have lost your mobile or want to recover their number then keep on reading below.
How to find your Cell C number?
How to find your Cell C number?The process of knowing your number is relatively simple. All you have to do is to key in a specific USSD code. You now will know how to check your own Cell C number! This is the simplest method of conducting a Cell C number check. All you need to do is to pick up your phone that has the SIM card and do the following. Dial *147# The display gives you 8 different options to select from Choose option 8 (Customer info) Your number will then be visible on the phone’s display.
You can also use another mobile belonging to your friend or relative and you need to send a Please Call Me message to their phone using yours. This will not cost you anything. To do this, dial *111*insert their contact# The other person’s phone will receive a message that shows the sender’s contact. This is the contact you are looking for.
Different USSD codes with which you can be useful to you
* To load your airtime voucher Dial *103*enter recharge pin#
* To change from a prepaid tariff to another tariff Dial *147# and choose option 1.
* To personalise your call back setting Dial *111*1# and select option 1. Enter your name and press OK. Choose option 1 to activate and personalise the setting.
* To request GPRS/MMS settings Dial *147# and select option 3.
* To convert airtime to data bundles Dial *147# and Select option 1. Enter the amount. Key in 1 again to continue. Key in 1 for the second time to finish.
* To check my airtime balance Dial *101# to retrieve your balance amount
* To check my cell C subscriptions on your phone, dial *133*1# and follow the prompts
* To make your Cell C number private and To hide your contact temporarily for one call, dial #31# followed by the number you wish to call. Press the dial button. To hide your contact for a longer duration, use your phone settings to keep your contact concealed.
* To divert all calls Dial **21*08414(enter the last 9 digits of your contact) To divert calls whenever you are busy, dial **67*08414(last 9 digits of your contact)# To redirect all calls to voice mail when unanswered, dial **61*08414 To cancel all diverts, dial ##002#
* To block a lost SIM card Dial *147# and select option 6 to block.
If these quick ways of quickly solving your phone issues fail to work, you can contact the Cell C service numbers to get further assistance. You can call support by dialling 135 on a phone with this service provider’s SIM Card. The call is free of charge. You can also call from any other service provider contact. In case these methods and simple solutions fail, you can call the company’s support team or reach them on social media.
To know the latest Cell C plans for your mobile click here.
How to find your PUK from Cell C?
PUK or personal unblocking key which is a code consisting of 8 digits. It is used to unblock your SIM card when you entered 3 times the wrong PIN code. A card blocked by the PUK code cannot be unblocked; it cannot be used any further and you have to replace it.
Here are 5 ways to get your PUK number:
1. Cell C Mobile App > Login using your username & password; click on the Menu bar; select Personal Information.
2. Cell C Website > Login to Self-Service on and view details under Security.
3. Self-Service IVR > Call 135; option 1 for Manage; retrieve PUK.
4. USSD > Dial *147#; option 9; option 5; option 2.
5. Call 135 > Dial 135 & option 9 to speak to an agent.
If your SIM card has been lost, stolen or damaged, you can purchase a new Cell C starter pack from participating outlets and follow these easy steps:
Purchase a new Cell C starter pack but do not RICA, from participating outlets and follow these easy steps:
1. Self-Service IVR > Dial from a landline or any other cellphone (You need to have an active Self-Service PIN); option 1 for “Manage”; “SIM Swop”.
2. Go to any Cell C store and request a SIM Swop.
3. Dial OR 135 & option 9 to speak to an agent.
Wait for at least 2 hours before inserting the new SIM card into your cellphone.
Also remember that the monthly limit, available on Cell C contracts, is the amount agreed between Cell C and yourself for expenditure on calls. When reaching this limit, an SMS (Short Message Service) will be sent to notify you.
There are 2 ways to increase/decrease my monthly usage:
1. Self Service > Log in with your username and password; select “Change Spend Limit”.
2. Call 135 > Dial 135 & Select option 9 to speak to an agent.
Further to get GPRS/MMS there are 4 ways to activate GPRS/MMS:
1. Self-Service IVR > Call 135; option 2 for “Support”; “GPRS/MMS Settings”.
2. USSD > Dial *147#; option 8.
3. Website for manual configuration.
4. Call 135 > For devices that are not OTA enabled.
Cell C- Gaming PC
Cell C- Gaming PCIt offers an awesome offer of Gaming PC for you to play slots. Get an HP Pavilion gaming laptop on a monthly plan along with a data or Fibre connection.
HP Pavilion Gaming Laptop
* 15.6″ FHD IPS anti-glare Mirco-edge WLED-backlit
* Intel Core i7-8750H Processor
* Windows Home 64
* 8 GB DDR4-266 SDRAM (2 x 4GB)
* 2 TB rpm SATA.128 GB PCIe.NVMe M.2 SSD
* NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 (3 GB GDDR5 dedicated)
This deal comes with three plans:
100 GB, 200 GB and 400 GB
100 GB plan offers
* 50 GB anytime and 50 GB Nite
* With 4G + router
* At R1999 pm
200 GB plan offers
* 100 GB anytime and 100 GB Nite
* With 4G + router
* At R2699 pm
400 GB plan offers
* 200 GB anytime and 200 GB Nite
* With 4G + router
* At R3099 pm
To check your balance there are seven ways to do so:
1. Cell C Mobile App > Check balances on the home screen.
2. Self-Service IVR > Dial 135; option 1 for “Manage”; option 1 for “View Remaining Balance and Usage”.
3. USSD > Dial *101# OR Dial *147#; option 2.
4. Call 136 > Dial 136; option 0 for “Balance Enquiry”.
5. SMS > SMS “bal” or “balance” to 14302.
6. Cell C Website > Login to Self-Service on
7. Call 135 > Dial 135 & option 9 to speak to an agent.
Lastly, if you have any issues or face any problems with Cell C plans or mobile here are 2 ways to follow up on an issue:
1. Self-Service IVR > Call 135; option 2 for “Support”; “Follow Up on a Logged Issue”.
2. Dial 135 & option 9 to speak to an agent.