Edinburgh is a truly a magical city during Christmas time. With the aroma of mulled wine dancing in the air and colourful lights bringing joy to the iconic skyline, you can understand why a whopping 500,000 tourist visit Edinburgh at Christmas!
If you’re looking for a unique Christmas day out in Edinburgh, here’s a selection of independent markets that are running in beautiful venues across Edinburgh and East Lothian. Not only will you be supporting local people and communities, but you will also discover unique, handcrafted gifts for your loved ones!
Shop from fabulous, creative businesses at these upcoming indie markets. Kind Candles will be at Colstoun (26 Nov), Summer Hall (3 Dec) and Kimpton (4 Dec) and it would be so wonderful to see you there.
Top 7 Christmas Markets to visit in Edinburgh this Christmas
1. Village Green Makers Market
The Strawberry Barn, Dunbar, 19 & 20 November 11am-4pm
A magical barn with 28 local makers in the heart of East Lothian. Enjoy a festive day out with tasty mulled wine and mince pies!
2. Christmas Market at Colstoun with Support the Makers
Colstoun near Haddington, 26 December, 11am-4pm
Oh my, what a beautiful venue this is! I’m super excited to have a stall at this market, especially because Steven and I got married here this year. With a crackling fire pit, twinkly fairy lights, homemade seasonal food made by the folks at Coltsoun (I can confirm that their food is divine!) and a selection of lovingly handcrafted products, this market is sure to be a special winter day out.
3. Christmas Fair at the Secret Herb Garden
Secret Herb Garden, 26 November, 11am-4pm
Find some Christmas peace at this tranquil, herb-haven! Marvel at beautifully crafted gifts inside the gorgeous greenhouse or enjoy a comforting mug of something cosy.
4. Out of the Blue Drill Hall
Out of the Blue Drill Hall, 3 & 10 December, 11am-5pm
The markets in this magnificent, Victorian hall are always bursting with energy! With over 100 wonderful independent businesses, you will be spoilt for choice at this market.
5. Summer Hall Christmas Market
Summer Hall, 3 December
Summer Hall’s Christmas Market is back this December. This year’s market will be bigger than ever! Featuring tasty food stands, festive fun, and some of Edinburgh and Scotland’s best independent makers (including yours truly!). I can’t wait to take part in this market for the first time alongside awesome small businesses.
6. Indie Fair at the Square by Hood Magazine
Kimpton Charlotte Square, 4 December, 10am
Are you looking for *the* most Christmassy day in Edinburgh?! Look no further as Kind Candles has removed all the faff of planning so all you need to do is pop on your favourite bobble hat and head into Edinburgh City Centre!
1. Watch as the Santa Run starts at 11am in Princes Street Gardens. Expect a whole load of wholesomeness as santas play some Scottish Classics on the bagpipes!
2. Take a short walk to the Kimpton to browse a selection of beautifully curated, indie business gifts for family and friends. Say hello to us at our stall whilst you’re at it!
3. Get your skates on feel like the main character of a Christmas movie with some ice skating under the magical lights on George Street.
4. Have a drink in the Dome beside Edinburgh’s most spectacular Christmas tree! If you fall in love with the spicy aroma that dances through the air, you can take this home thanks to Kind Candles Winter Magic candle!
7. Edinburgh Cat and Dog Home Christmas Market
Biscuit Factory, 4 December, 11am
Are you looking to get your beloved cat or dog a Christmas present? Want to support an amazing animal rehoming charity? If so, this market is for you! Get into the spirit within this industrial backdrop and meet Santa Clause too!